Why should Indians living in Portland care about this issue ?
What is "Youth For Equality" ?
Why should I care about it ?
What can I do about it ?
Can we really make a difference ?
These are all relevant questions for Indians living in Portland may ask.
- Caste based Reservations and other Indian Govt's policies based on caste or religion can end up dividing Indian society and dilute meritocracy, which can seriously undermine Indian democracy and slow down economic progress to say the least. It can also seriously damage India's brand image which has taken decades to build, and which has been a matter of great pride for all of us. The consequences can be even worse.
- India is vital to global economy and most major US companies. India is our birthplace, our heritage, our history, our cultural identity, a place which a home to many of our families and friends. It is a country that has given us a lot....it is time to start giving back.
- Youth For Equality (YFE) started as a protest by students against Indian Govt.'s decision to dramatically increase reservation in colleges as well as private companies. It has now grown into a global movement, a spontaneous revolution, to put an end to of reign of self-serving and corrupt politicians, and bring in a new era of clean and transparent style of Government.
- Indians in Portland can do a lot about it. We can help YFE grow stronger by providing all possible support since in this internet age most thing can be easily outsourced anywhere. We are already an active member of the YFE movement and together we can help them with our various skills and years of experience. We can use media to change public opinion and help elect good and visionary leaders. We can also influence our family and friends in India, who do vote in elections.
- What can YOU do about it ? Learn more about this issue and YFE movement by visiting the links on this page. Get hold of one of the core team members in Portland and join one of our meetings. Come and meet a lot of new people with a passion to do something for India. Email and Phone contact information is provided on this page. Time to stop being only a passive spectator...time to become an Activist and Do Something !